Sunday, June 9, 2013

Back from La-La Land!

To All My Readers. 

For the last few weeks I have been M.I.A. from Blogging, Facebook, and all other forms of online communication. The reason for my absence is because I have some medical issues. First, I have a blood disorder and have to get stuck with needles constantly to see if my levels are correct or not. If they are too low, I will get blood clots and that is a big problem for me. I almost died from having a severe clot that was in my arm, neck, and was close - too close - to my main organs. I also had a clot in my lungs (a PE) that made it very difficult for me to breathe and if it had gotten worse, I could have stopped breathing.
Secondly, I have back problems. I have had two surgeries on my back already and right now my doctors are trying to make it so I don't have to have a third. I basically have Degenerative Disc Disease plus Arthritis and chronic pain to boot.

So, in short, when I feel bad, I feel really bad. And that usually means that I have something else going on. Over the last two weeks, I have been in and out of labs, clinics, and am so sick of feeling like a pin cushion. I was in so much pain last weekend that I could hardly walk. But, I am finally feeling better and my doctors think that they have a plan that will help. Unfortunately, nothing I have is "curable" and I will have to deal with everything I have for life.

What this means for me and Breathe In BooKs is that I may have days that I am great and can read and post without any problems, but there will be times that I am just too ill to get things done. I know that I do try my best to get everything out and have my posts up on time, but on those days that I am not doing well, I hope my readers, tour hosts, and authors will forgive me for my absences. Please do know that I will get to everything eventually, and if I can't get to a tour date on time that I will post it as soon as I am able. Thank you for those who have expressed your support and I love blogging and reviewing. It is one of the few things in my life that keeps me going and keeps me from not wallowing in pity for myself.

I am now back and ready to start posting and reviewing again. I have some back posts to put up and those I will put up in between those posts that are already scheduled, balancing the old with the new. I am also looking into trying some new things, some new review styles and maybe some guest reviewers. I am excited to get back to doing what I love! And I have sooooo many books that I can't wait to get my hands on!

So again, thank you for your support and I am so thankful for all my readers, authors who contact me, and tour hosts who are always there to help me out. Breathe In BooKs wouldn't be here for a whole year without you! Now, where is my coffee??

Much Love,
Krista



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...